Marie Mirielle Desir Marescot was born on March 6, 1946 in Grande-Saline Artibonite, Haiti to the late Mr. and Mrs. Andre and Jesumene Desir. Mirielle or “Mimine” as she was affectionately known to her family and close friends, was the proud eldest child of her parents who raised her and her siblings to fervently serve the Lord. Mirielle’s relationship with God and the Catholic church was a beautiful passion.
Mirielle migrated to the U.S. in 1973. She was married to Pascal Marescot in 1975. From that union, two sons were born, John and Michael. The family first lived in Brooklyn, New York before moving to the Village of Haverstraw. In Brooklyn, as in Haverstraw, Mimine was the gateway for many of her siblings to America, living with her before creating new lives of their own while remaining a close-knit family.
Mirielle was the life of the party, dancing and serving everyone. She always had a little something to give to everyone – whether it was herbal remedies, a prayer to recite, an entertaining story or $20 she was secretly trying to shove in your pocket.
On June 3, 2021 at 2:40 AM, the gates of heaven opened and Mirielle was called to come home to rest with the Lord God our Savior.
Mimine has an enormous loving family to cherish her memory.
• Her husband of 46 years, Pascal Marescot
• Her son, John K. Marescot and wife Keasha; her grandson Douglas
• Her son, Michael Marescot and fiancée Sabrina
• Her siblings: Alberte Desir Louis, Sinotte Desir Pierre and husband Jean Claude Pierre, Geta Desir Alceus, Kelda Desir, Frantz Desir and wife Lola, Michel Sedrick Desir (her godson) and wife Claudine, Louis Naudel Desir and wife Michelle, and Sadel Desir and wife Ann, Jory Desir, Marie Macha Desir Julien, Ada Desir
• Her nephews and nieces: Donna Louis Bethune and husband Raheem, Rachelle Louis (her goddaughter), Jacques Louis, Claudeleedy Pierre Hypolite Fils and husband Kissinger, Gaëlle Pierre (her goddaughter), Roudia Alceus, Raget Alceus, Ritcher Alceus and wife Tamar, Riedrick Alceus (her godson) and wife Jasmine, Christiana Desir, Aleyah McFarlane, Isaiah Desir, Leeyana McFarlane, Nancy Desir, Fretzky Desir and wife Axel, Djinsad Desir and wife Ashley, Danice Desir Baptiste and husband Jeff, Deandre Desir Louis and husband Carl, Djennan Desir, Leduan Desir, Ellehcim Desir, Jesumene Desir, Ricodem Desir, Natalie Desir, Andre Desir, Xavier Desir, Sade Desir, Annalyse Desir
• Goddaughters: Louisa, Stephanie, Mirza
• Cousins: Noltine Chickel and family, Elsie Jean-Pierre and family, Jean-Claude Desir and family, Solon Pierre and family, Leon Desir and family, Magloire Desir and family, Guerdes Desir and family, Andre Desir and family, Lyonel Dolisca and family, Mathurin Augustin and family, Remy Civil and family, Anne-Vierge Metellus and family, Choupette Metellus and family, Marie Lucie Metellus and family, and Vetura and family + Endless amounts of loved ones.